FOLLOW THIS BLOG
AND GET NEW ARTICLES ABOUT HOW TO PLAN YOUR WEDDING THE RIGHT WAY.

Friday, April 9, 2010

It is amazing that I am in a career that I really love



I am a Floral and Event Designer. I have always known that I was going to do something creative. I just didn't know what I was going to do yet.

When I got married 9 years ago, I didn't get much say in my wedding plans. This troubled me, that a bride could not get what she wanted on her wedding day. I wanted to change that, so I started an event coordination company named "Dream Makers" I started this company with about $100.00 in my pocket.
I grew overnight. I didn't realize that so many brides were in the same situation that I was. One day I was browsing through websites because a bride was in need of a caterer. I found Lisa. We hit it off right away. We decided to merge our businesses together. Lisa was a very talented designer and caterer, but she didn't want to do the catering any longer. She became the designer and I was the coordinator. Lisa's Mother was a very talented floral designer. Together, the three of us became "E'lan Events"
Our company grew so fast that we didn't know what to do with it. It became a bit overwhelming and our lack of experience in the ownership of a business got the best of us. We ended up signing a few contracts that gave way to our ignorance and it eventually closed us down. Lisa decided to move to Utah with her husband and start her floral design business there. A new start. I took some time off and worked for some designers and flower shops to start my perfect job as a designer. Lisa and her mom taught me a lot, even though they didn't know it. I fell in love with designing because of their passion for the business.
When my skills were polished, I decided to open up my own design business "J&E Floral" This was my fresh start. So far so good. I have been open for almost 2 years now and am growing by leaps and bounds. Brides call me and love what I am about, so I get great business.
I am really looking forward to the next few steps that my business is going to take, and I look forward to sharing it with everyone.
Read my title page, this is what I am about. I will create the perfect look for your event because I listen to what you want and create the perfect vision for you. When someone listens to your dream, that dream can come true.
I look forward to working with all of my brides in the future and am thrilled to create your perfect event.
Please view the next few posts with pictures so that I can get a better sense of what a bride wants for her special day.

1 comment: